It’s wayback ’80s theme trivia time folks! Here are some Jim Varney themed questions for you to answer on this frigid-cold December day. Go ahead and research the answers because this is an open-book test, knowwhutimean? Why Jim Varney, you ask? Because. Just because.
1. What was the four-letter first name of the off-screen character that the Varney character “Ernest” spoke to in his TV spots and movie roles?
2. On what popular ’80s sitcom did Varney appear as a character named Prince Carlos in two episodes?
3. For what Michigan-based retailer did Varney serve as a spokesman in ads where he blurted out, “Closest thing to wholesale?”
4. After “Toy Story” and “Toy Story 2,” name the top three highest-grossing feature films (not including straight-to-video releases) featuring Jim Varney as Ernest P. Worrell.
5. After “Toy Story” and “Toy Story 2,” name the highest-grossing movie featuring Jim Varney NOT playing the Ernest character.
6. On what animated series did Varney portray a carnival worker named Cooter?