Two GDX/Generation Double X players visited Powell’s Pub in Ypsilanti for a My Trivia Live jaunt on Monday. No prizes (sad face), but 51 points for the night. Representin’ players were Heather and Mike.
1. Musical Instruments – What is name for small single headed drum with metal jingles called zils? 5
2. Phenomenon – What is the name for a mysteriously flattened area of field with either natural or man made causes? 3
3. Movie Characters – Alan Ladd, Robert Redford and Leonardo Dicaprio all played what movie character? 1
1. Music – “This is It” is a 2009 documentary about a backstage look at what singer’s sold out show in London? 5
2. TV – What title character has Ellen Pompeo played on a long running series since 2005? No idea, miss for 1.
3. Literary Characters – Moriarty is an antagonist for what literary character? Bonus – what is the nickname of Percy Blakeney, who was the subject of a 2005 book who rescued condemned people during the French Revolution, leaving behind a card showing a small flower? Got the bonus woot! 3 plus 3.
1. World Leaders – Kaiser Wilhelm 2 was the last emperor of which country? 5
2. Landmarks – What was the original name of the Chinese Theater, which opened in 1927 on the Hollywood Walk of Fame? 1. Thanks George for your generosity in spelling…
3. Games – What Milton Bradley game was originally a paper and pencil game about naval strategy? 3
Identify the university based on the city in which it is located.
We were tied for second with Combat Wombats with 35 points at the half. One is the Loneliest Number was in first with 38 points.
1. Birds – Having been spotted at 37,000 feet, what is the highest flying bird in the world? Newsletter, 6.
2. Movies – What 2003 Amanda Bynes film was based on a play called The Reluctant Debutante? Miss for 2.
3. TV – What was name of series featuring Jack Klugman as a title character from 1976 to 1983? 4. The “Wednesday Addams” in me absolutely loved that show when it was on. Pssst…it was about dead people!
1. Beverages – Oenology is the study of what beverage? Miss for 2.
2. Competitions – What do competitors carry through an obstacle course in a competition that originated in Finland and still occurs in Marquette , MI and elsewhere in the world? Miss for 4. We guessed “pasty.”
3. Bridges – In what U.S. State would you currently find the London Bridge? This question is heavily abridged. 6.
1. Music – Duran Duran played in what European landmark as part of a fundraising effort in 2008 which had previously never hosted a rock concert? Miss for 4.
2. Cocktails – In what type of mug is a Moscow mule served? 6
3. Comic Books – In the comics world, Dick Grayson is the secret identity of whom? 2.
Standings: We were in fourth going into the final with 59 points behind Glencoe, (60); One is the Loneliest Number (64) and Combat Wombats (67).
Final question: Sports
In 1985, what men’s Division One college basketball team became the lowest seeding team at #8 to win the NCAA tournament? Wagered zero…SPORTSBALL! Combat Wombats took first, One is the Loneliest Number took second. Until our next GDX outing, which will be Wednesday at a local watering hole. As always, Go GDX/Go Pods and stay classy, Ypsilanti!