I paid a visit Monday to Powell’s Pub for its My Trivia Live scene – two of my teammates were a short distance away watching Monday Night Football (Bengals/Giants) at Sticks. So I thought I’d embark on the eternal trivia player “experiment” to see how I’d do without my very awesome teammates! The verdict? Not so well this time…but it’s always enjoyable chatting with a couple of the other “soloists” who frequent the place, and of course the awesome server Jamie! And the questions…
1. Board games – In a traditional Monopoly game what color are the $1 bills? Miss for 1. I honestly cannot remember the last time I played that game.
2. Companies – What multinational food company is headquartered in Battle Creek MI? 5
3. Music what music symbol looks like lower case b? 3 Funny, I’ve been reminiscing quite a bit lately about my high school band days. One time at band camp…
1. Sports Trophies- How many detachable rings are there on a traditional Stanley Cup? Miss for 1.
2. Movies – The 2016 film “Race” is about what athlete? 5
3. Elections – how many electoral votes are needed to the presidency ? How many does Michigan have for extra 3 points? 3, missed the bonus.
1 Native Americans – What tribe did the code talkers, who assisted the U.S. Army during World War 2, belong to? Miss for 1, needed Mike for this one.
2. Art – in what decade did the Mona Lisa by Leonardo Da Vinci first visit the United States? Miss for 3, I went WAY too early.
3. Initials – What does CFCs stand for, which are thought to cause holes in the ozone layer ? 5
Halftime – Name four of the five U.S. states that are home to cities named Richmond, with a population of at least 10,000 or more.
Got two of them. I was in sixth at the half with 26 points.
1. Acids -Getting its name from the Latin word for ant, what type of acid is found in an ant’s sting? 6
2. Animated TV – What is the name for 9 pm 6 am time block featuring cartoons such as Venture Brothers, Robot Chicken, Squid Billies and Boondocks? 4
3. Geography which lower 48 west coast state has largest # of volcanoes including active inactive and potentially active? Miss for 2.
1. Thanks Obama – In what year did “Thanks Obama” originate as a tweet? Off by one, miss for 2.
2. US history – What was the 13th colony to ratify the Declaration of Independence? I misheard the question and answered which colony was the last to join the union, miss for 4.
3. Currency – What assassinated president was on the $500 bill? Much needed six points…
1. Anatomy – Which lobe at the back of the brain is responsible for vision? 6
2. Golf – Who is most recent person to hold world’s best golfer title? Miss for 2.
3. Food – What kind of nut is Nutella made from? 6
I had 49 points going into the final. Final Category: Textiles
At 80 percent warmer than wool, chiengora fibers are spun from the yarns of what animal hair? I would probably be allergic to things made out of this, lol…miss.
Until next time…which will be a Sporcle Live venue tournament tonight! Just for fun…As always, Go Pods, and stay classy, William McKinley!